Class Times and Arrivals
First Days /What to bring
3. FIRST DAYS: The first few days of kindergarten are important in establishing a happy and successful school year. You can help make these days a success for your child by creating a consistent routine. Please say a quick goodbye to your child. This will make the morning easier for everyone, most of all, your child. Dismissal is the most challenging aspect of the first few days of school. The most important thing that you can do today is to sign the transportation list indicating how your child will be going home from school. If you ever need to make a change to your pick-up arrangements, PLEASE send a note with your child to his/her teacher. Please pick up a transportation tag at the end of this orientation and attach it to your child’s tote bag.
4. WHAT TO BRING: This year we would like to request that all children use a large tote (big enough to carry a 3-ring binder) instead of a backpack. These are much lighter and easier to manage. Please check your child’s tote daily for important papers. A healthy snack is also desirable, as most children get hungry mid session. We prefer to have snacks sent in disposable bags. Thermoses leak and lunch boxes often get left behind. Please put your child’s name on the outside of their tote, as well as in sweaters and jackets. For students who ride a bus or attend the YMCA, attach a transportation tag on your child’s tote-bag, visible to the staff member on duty.
Transportation Changes- Signing Students out of class- Absences- Clothing- Toys
5. TRANSPORTATION CHANGES: Any changes in transportation of your child home from school must be written in a note to the teacher. For reasons of safety, do not relay this information by phone through the secretary.
Back To School Night / Fall Conference
10. BACK TO SCHOOL: Back To School Night is tentatively set for Wednesday, September 19th.. This is a night for parents only. K/1: 5:30 – 6:15
Birthdays and Invitations
Homework- Volunteers-Minimum Days-PTA
14. HOMEWORK: Formal homework will begin the week of September 24th. Most assignments will be given out on Monday and due on Thursday.
Parent Prep Night and Volunteer Orientation
DROP-OFF/ PICK-UP/ PARKING-Parent Name Badges
18. DROP-OFF/ PICK-UP/ PARKING: Due to traffic, please be brief in your arrivals and departures when taking your child to and from school. Cars traveling west on Oso may enter the one-way ramp. Cars traveling East can turn left onto Bridle Path. When dropping off your child at school, you may use the red curb as a drop-off zone only. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CAR. At dismissal time, (Monday-Friday) all Kindergarten students will be waiting for pick up in their classrooms. You may park in spaces 2-12 if available, as well as on Gingham and Bridle Path. ALL NUMBERED STALLS ARE ASSIGNED STAFF PARKING. Remember, as children get into the car, it is an important time to let them share about their day. We highly discourage using cell phones during pick-up.
20. SUPPLY LIST: In kindergarten, all children share all supplies. We would greatly appreciate it if your child could please donate either the recommended Kindergarten supply list or the following supplies:
Colored pencils, 12 count
large Scotch glue sticks (12)
Binder, 1.5" Vinyl White w/ clear view cover
21. K MUSIC: Thank you to all of the families who have contributed to the fundraising project to reinstate an official Kindergarten Music program. If your family is able to contribute $45.00 per kindergarten student, and has not done so as of yet, we welcome your contribution. Checks can be made payable to Marge Macchiaroli. A tax deductible receipt will be issued at a later date. Our students will participate in a 30 minute music lesson taught by a highly qualified credentialed music teacher each week. Kindergarteners will use their voices, hands, feet and classroom instruments to explore rhythm and song. We dance and sing and play while learning about fast and slow, high and low, and loud and soft, as well as how music touches our lives and hearts through the seasons! All instructors follow the California State Framework for Kindergarten Music.
21. SIGN-UP: Please come up to your child’s teacher’s table to fill in appropriate forms before returning to pick up your child in his/her classroom. Welcome! We look forward to a year of working together for your child.